By Captain Tortuga on September 23rd, 2009
Posted In: blog
- BioBomber Worms – These marine worms eject glowing pieces of themselves to foil predators.
- Tactical Bacon – Are you worried that your beloved bacon will not survive the coming Armageddon? Well, fear not! SCIENCE has created canned bacon for all those long term bacon storage needs.
- Antarctic Lakes – Active lakes have been identified under Antarctica’s ice sheet. Cthulhu water park?
- In-Vitro Meat, MMMM… Meaty! – Because the tactical bacon will only last for so long, we can now grow our own chunk o’ meat bags fresh from the petri dish, without messy animal packaging. This gives “mystry meat” a whole new meaning.
- Canary Islands’ Underwater Cave New Species – Life in the deep dark places.
- Solar station in SPACE – Because pointing a huge LASER beam at Earth is always a good idea.
- Worm Glue – Worms are good for me, worms are good for you. They can paste you back together with their glue!
- Hair Solar Panel – A couple of teenagers from Nepal have figured out a way to make cheap(er) solar panels from human hair. Will the hair dresser start paying you to get your hair cut at their salon? Only time will tell. <insert “Aquarius” song from “Hair” musical joke here>
- Capsules for Self-Healing Circuits – Did we learn nothing from Transformers??
- The First Self-Replicating Intelligent Machine – I repeat, did we learn nothing from Transformers??
- “Electronic Tongue” Mimics Human Taste Organ – Now the self-replicating, self-healing intelligent killer robots can acquire a taste for human flesh. Hooray!
- Super Vision -Eye drops to give you super night vision.
- Superpowers for the Everyone! -Super strength and mega brain now available at a lab near you. At least we now have a fighting chance against the man-eating self-replicating, self-healing intelligent killer robots.
- Mini “T. Rex” Found – They’re so adorable and much easier to take out for walkies than a standard T. Rex.